Welcome back! Ready for the final lesson on Creating Your Author’s Identity? Fabulous! Now that you know what your Author’s Identity is, it is time to TAKE IT ON! That’s right, just like the other parts of your identity, being an author is one of them. Step into your Author’s Identity and get ready to write your book by answering the questions below:
STEP ONE: How serious and committed are you to writing your book?
- Why do you want to write a book? Writing takes discipline, determination and dedication. Some might even say it is hard work.
- What does this book mean to you? Is this a hobby or is there a compelling force pulling you toward it?
- Are you excited to get started? Are you willing to dedicate yourself and schedule time to work on your book?
- Are you willing to do the work to write your book? How much time are you willing to spend each day? 5 minutes? 10, 20, 45 minutes? How many days a week? 1, 2, 3, 5 days a week?
- Decide and commit.
STEP TWO: Prepare yourself to write your book.
Preparing to write your book is about engaging three things –your mind, body and environment.
1) Your Mind: Getting your head in the right place, thinking about what you are going to write, knowing what you want to say, knowing your outcome for your book, and finally, thinking like an author.
2) Your Body: Deciding, committing and resolving in your mind and body to create your book. In addition to your frame of mind, your body needs to be involved.
3) Your Environment: Creating an environment to produce your book is essential. Creating a space for you to write is critical. It doesn’t have to be fancy, simply dedicated to the creation of your book.
We’ll talk more about preparing yourself to write using the Writer’s Power Tools™ I created especially for the purpose of preparing to write.
Answering these questions and taking action to prepare will make it easier to get your book out of your head and into your hands.
To your Author’s Success!
Ann McIndoo, Your Author’s Coach
All Material in this Blog is proprietary information. Copyright Ann McIndoo 2013 All Rights Reserved