Have you thought about what your book looks like? Inside and out? It is important that you know this for content purposes as well as marketing and promoting your book. I have created a great exercise for this, which I call the “Describe Your Book” exercise.
Take a few minutes to relax and think about your book. Then answer the questions below – this is a powerful tool to see your book come alive. It will also help you create content, which can be used in a variety of ways: marketing and promotional materials as well as the back cover of your book.
So, tell me:
- What is the title of your book? (the hook)
- What is the sub-title of your book? (the promise)
- List 10 words that describe your book: (Inspirational, Motivational, Instructional, Entertaining, Spiritual)
- Describe Your Audience. Who is going to read (not buy) your book?
- What solutions do you offer in your book? What massive value are you providing?
- What is your book different than others on your subject? What is unique about your information?
- List 10 results or benefits that a reader will achieve from reading your book.
Answering these questions will provide you with the clarity you need to writing a great book. It’s all about the preparation!
To your Author’s Success!
Ann McIndoo, your Author’s Coach
All Material in this blog is proprietary information. Copyright ™ Ann McIndoo 2013 All Rights Reserved